GENERAL TEACHING ASSISTANT (SEN) 1-1 SUPPORT
This is a 2-year fixed-term appointment from 1st September 2017 to 31st August 2019
- Have you the skills needed to work in mixed-age (Years 3-6) KS2 class to give 1-1 SEN support to a Yr 5 pupil who has speech and language needs?
- Could you use your initiative to adapt work so that it is accessible to the pupil?
- Have you the ability to be flexible and resilient as well as demonstrating a patient approach and the ability to inspire and motivate?
If you are the type of person who ...
- is committed to working as part of a team
- has excellent communication and organisational skills
- is flexible and able to use their initiative for the benefit of the pupil.
- has a cheerful disposition and a sense of humour
- is patient and calm
... then we would welcome your application.
In return we can offer you the opportunity to work in beautiful location, with enthusiastic children and as a member of a staff team which is dedicated to achieving the best for all children and is supportive of each other in their work.
This is a 2-year fixed-term appointment, working Monday – Friday, 9:00am to 3:30pm each day (i.e. 27.5 hours per week), term-time only. The salary is at Band 4, point 9-13, dependent on experience.
As separate contracts, we also would like the successful candidate to be able to take on the roles of
- Midday Supervisory Assistant for 1 hour each lunchtime (pay Band 3),
- After School Club Assistant Leader for 2 x 2.5 hours each week (pay Band 4).
Priority will be given to applicants who can offer these additional roles.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts aresubject to an enhanced level DBS disclosure and medical clearance.
If you wish to apply, please follow the links below for further information and an application form.
- Headteacher's introductory letter
- Job advert
- Job description
- Person specification
- Application form (Word document)
Applications must be submitted (by post or email) on the official application form so that they are received at our school by 3pm on Monday 19th June 2017. Shortlisting will take place later that week, with interviews expected to take place by Friday 30th June.